FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 1, 2020
Short answer: your taxes will still be completed.
We realize that you have received many warnings on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Based on recent events and actions taken in other states over the weekend, we are taking the following precautionary steps in line with CDC recommendations in hopes of protecting our staff as well as our clients:
- We are going to limit access to the ATA office buildings with pick up and drop off only until further notice. We will maintain very limited staffing in our offices at this time.
- We are able to operate at full capacity in a remote function. All emails, phone calls, etc. will be answered and everyone will still be at work while not necessarily being at the office.
- We have the ability to transmit and receive all documents securely in an electronic format including the signing of your tax returns. Please contact your local ATA office if you would like a secure link to upload documents or would like to electronically sign your tax documents.
- Face to face meetings and client site visits are prohibited.
- We are continuing to operate with a plan to complete as many returns by April 15th (even though the IRS has extended the deadline to July 15th). We realize that may change as things occur that are out of our control and we will communicate that if necessary. We will also monitor the discussions around the extended tax deadlines and make tax planning recommendations as new developments unfold.
- We ask that all clients that have traveled outside of their home area or are attending any social events with more than 10 people not come into contact with an ATA staff member for the time being. We further ask that if you are feeling ill in any way that you do not drop off documents during that time or for at least 72 hours post fever.